Friday, August 20, 2010

I LOVE MY JOB!


I'm not "just" a mom. I'm passing on a legacy. I'm raising up men and women of God, who will in turn raise up the standard in their generation. On the daily, it may LOOK mundane: washing dishes, changing diapers, doing laundry, wiping noses; but daily, I'm shoring up their confidence, helping them overcome fears, providing security. I'm laying a foundation, I'm pulling up weeds, I'm available. I'm listening, I'm planning, I'm strategizing, I'm on my knees.I'm pointing them to the One who holds their future in His hands. I'm laughing. I'm crying. I'm living life, but not for me. I'm pouring it all out and Christ fills me up again. I lost my life, but no identity crisis here. I'm not lacking ambition and "Yes, I do work." I'm fulfulling a role that no one else can fulfill. I'm called and annointed by God to be in this PLACE. I'm passing on His legacy. I'm not lacking in purpose and neither am I bored. My mind is not wasting; its being renewed, my character refined, and my love being stretched. I love my job. Thank you God for making me a wife and a mom.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I love your post! And couldn't agree with you more. It is a wonderful calling...being a mom. I always say being a mom, and homeschooling is my sanctification.

Have a great week-end.
Cindy Dickey

Pastorlavonne said...

I tried to leave a comment before and don't know what happened to it but I wanted you to know that you really blessed my heart. It is just awesome how God is using you and Jonathan and just how yielded you both have become to doing His will. It brings me great joy to read your posts and to look through your pictures to see how engrossed in the ministry you both are and the work that you are doing. God is good and He is awesome and to think that He would use someone as insignificant as we are to carry out His work here on earth is just awesome. Thank you for your obedience and for just being a yielded vessel. I know we havent talked in years but it is a blessing to see everyone doing so well in their own respective elements. I can only imagine the lives that you and Johnathan are blessing out there. The two of you are definitely treasures that God has strategically placed to move His kingdom forward in such a time as this. You both are carriers of His Glory. I am praying for you and your ministry as God continues to enlarge your territory. I love you guys! Your family is beautiful!

Childofgod101 said...

Lisa first of all let me say how much I admire your commitment to God, your husband and your children. You and Alicia have a gift that only comes from God when it comes to raising your children and home schooling. I know that it's not easy, but I honestly believe that you all were call to be who you are and to do what you’re doing. You have been an inspiration to me. When I see you submit to your husband it causes my heart to soften toward mine. You all have shown me what a true virtue woman is all about and I strive on a daily basis to be the wife, friend, sister, daughter and cousin that God has called me to be. You continue to do the work of God and he will give you your heart desire.

Kimberly Johnson (Alicia cousin)

Prosper by Radiant Health said...

Thank you all for your encouragement. I thank God for His grace, because without it and without Him....I would be a sad case. I pray that God will continue to bless you all in the place that He has set you.

Love, Lisa