Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 21: Gotta get back on the Wagon!


Well........I knew that one of these posts would be apart of this 90 Days of Transformation. Although things are going really well with P90X and with our bible reading, in the past week I have fallen away from my daily food journals with Weight Watchers. Like I said in a previous post, journaling helps me stay on track and when I don't stick with it, I usually stray from my goals. In other words, I just eat what I want. As of last week, I had lost another pound and a half, which would be a total of 5.5 pounds. Not bad, but I probably gained some this week. We shall see. Tuesday is the day, I weigh myself.


So what usually happens at this point is, I just throw in the towel and stop trying. You know, have a pity party, just me, myself, and some neopolitan ice cream. But, I'm going to choose a different route this time. And by the way, I do need the Lord's help in this area. For some people it may seem a bit much, but this is an area in my life I have struggled with for some time. So, I am getting back on the wagon. Tomorrow I will see what damage I've done and go from there.


New Testament


This has been a great joy, thus far. I have switched from reading my chronological bible to reading the plan my family is on. It has been interesting listening to the bible dramatized on CD. Something I have started is using our bible reading as the children's subject for writing class. I am using a curriculum called the Institute for Excellence in Writing. You can use this writing plan with any subject. With the bible I am choosing a passage, like Jesus calming the sea. We read it together, write a key word outline, and based on that outline the children write the passage in their own words. We are not re-writing the bible, but the children are getting an opportunity to become intimately acquainted with the Word and then explain it in their own words. With the gospels in particular, I don't want them to gloss over the words of Jesus, the miracles He performed, or the example He lived. We can all do that sometimes. So my prayer is that God through His Holy Spirit, will open up the "reality" of Who our Lord was and is, and that my children will learn of Him and learn to love Him.


I'll be back soon!

2 comments:

Mrs. Nez said...

Stay Encouraged... your reward!
I think I will try the writting curr. with my children.

Thanks Lisa

edie said...

It's okay, Lisa! The important thing is to just keep pushing on through and keep praising the Lord all the way. He knows our weakness. May He lift you up and give you a Holy Spirit hug. I had lost five pounds (my goal was ten) a few weeks ago and was so happy that i gained three back! And i have yet to lose the full ten. But i am not giving up either! Just push on through. :)