Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 8

3rd Post

This is Day 8 on our 90 Day journey.

Reading is going well. It is fun when the whole family is involved. My children received of gift of the whole bible narrated and dramatized on CD. So they are listeneing to their daily reading and following along in their bibles. I like seeing them motivated and excited about hearing the Word of God.

We are reading the Gospels right now. Learning about Jesus' early ministry. I have always loved the story of Jesus and the woman at the well (John 4:1-45). Why? Well, not only was she a Samaritan, which the Jews "hated" and considered unclean, basically dogs, but she was also not a woman with a clean past. She had had 5 previous husbands and the man she was with at the time, was not her husband. Most men of this time, would not have risked their reputation being alone with her anywhere. But the Lord, said he had to go to that well. He knew she would be there. He gave to her, "Living Water". I so relate with her. Thank God that He accepts us where we are, and He is not worried about what the "church folks" are going to say. He desires us and wants to give us real life, to take away our shame, to call us His own, and give us His name! I understand the Samarian woman's excitement. "Come see a man, that told me all I ever did! Could this be the Christ", she exclaimed to the towns people. I love Him. He has completely changed my life and continues to change my heart! If you don't know Him, I urge you, just as the Samaritan woman did, "Come and see this Man!"

Weight Watchers/P90X Lean: 4 pd. weight loss in first week.

All is well! We finished a week of P90X! Yipee! Started a new week today. The workouts are hard, but they are fun too! They change exercises frequently, so it keeps it interesting. I am still sore from the legs and back routine and that was Friday. Oh yeah, I am doing P90X Lean because I am wanting maximum weight loss. So it is heavier on cardio and a little lighter on the strength/resistance training. It is still no joke!

I love WW on line. The journaling is what is helping me successful. I like the new points system as opposed to the old one. Later this week, I plan to post some recipes! I think I have found a breakfast favorite! And after one week, I have lost 4 pounds! So excited!

1 comment:

edie said...

keep up the good work! both physically and spiritually. we are missing fellowship this morning and thinking of how the body of Christ is gathered together. we are with you in spirit. what a blessed thing to have the love of our brothers and sisters in Jesus. as i read your words of joy this morning, i am encouraged.