Friday, May 15, 2009

What am I gonna do?

Really. My husband twisted my arm and made me take a weekend in a hotel. Just me and Babycakes (a.ka. Laylah). No cooking, no laundry, no homeschool lessons, no, no........ anything.

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?

I know it is good for me to take a break every once in awhile. To have some alone time to refresh and rejuvinate. But............it feels weird. That is probably why I am still awake at 2:36 in the morning.

Despite all that, I hope to spend some time with the Lord, praying, reading, and hearing from Him. I need my tank filled so, that I can go back to my family strengthened in heart and spirit. So many times I let the cares of this world override my need for Him.

My mind is going so fast, that when I sit down to read God's word, I cannot comprehend it. Sometimes settling down my mind and taking my thoughts captive, are like taming a wild mustang or putting on the brakes of a locomotive. It ain't easy!

But its worth it!

More tomorrow....................................

No comments: