Friday, July 24, 2009

Sometimes You Have to Encourage Yourself in the Lord


Song of Deliverance

You lead me in paths of righteousness,
You show me the path of life.
In my heart there is love and joy unspeakable,
At the wayside lie jealousies, envy, and strife.

The enemy stood to accuse me,
To tell me these thoughts were my own.
I accepted fear, anxiety, and insecurity,
And welcomed them in my home.

There began the destruction,
The fight for the godly seed.
To make his mark on God’s creation,
Was the motivation of his evil deed.

But the light of Christ, The Word,
And the faithfulness of my Father above,
Have brought the TRUTH to my existence,
And have restored the foundations with LOVE.

The truth is that principalities and
Wicked rulers of this world,
Speak lies to men and women
And to every boy and girl.

To find agreement with their evil,
Fear, shame, and guilt.
To manifest ungodliness
In the church that Jesus built.

BUT GOD IS STRONGER
Than the evil that tempts me.
His love gives me the strength
To enter in the race.

To yield the Sword of Truth
And look the enemy in his face.
It is time for the Sons of God
To take their rightful place!

Lay aside every weight
And the sin that discourages me
Spirit of anxiety, spirit of fear,
Spirit of lies, I renounce you right here.

My Father has called me
To run this race with patience and to win.
So to agree with you any longer,
Truly, would be a sin.

The enemy thought that he had lamed me
To disqualify me from the race.
But Christ has come with healing in His wings,
To rest upon this place.

You see, He makes the lame to walk
And gives strength to feeble knees.
He makes straight paths for their feet.
And gives sight to those who can not see.

He has set before us the prize,
An incorruptible crown.
The weights no longer hinder
The sin lies lifeless, on the ground.

The battle has begun,
For the heart of mankind.
With whom do you align yourself?
To whom do you give your mind?

I align myself with Jesus
My heart, my soul, and mind.
The Kingdom of God shall rule me.
The VICTORY is mine!

January 29, 2008
Lisa R. Hill

No comments: